Hamta Pass Trek
Call Us On
Hampta pass trek is considered the easiest and convenient of all treks in H.P. It might not be the most adrenalin rush giving or the most sought after trek, but definitely it is a trek that will leave you in awe of this beautiful place. The variation in the trails is enormous; scenic landscapes, open green pastures and meadows, glacial valleys, easy access and an exceptional, adventurous and hair raising crossing of the pass makes this trekking expedition to Hampta pass an exciting one.
- Day - 1 Manali to Chika via Jobra
We will meet at Manali Bus stand and then we will drive from Manali (6725 ft) to Jobra and after briefing session we start our trek to Chika (10400 ft) our today’s camp. Today’s trek is a 2 hour easy ascent from 9700 ft to 10,400 ft through thick forest and crossing small bridge. While trekking we can see the Rani river on one side and a big rocky hill on the other. The trek passes through some of the most spectacular landscape. Overnight camp at Chika.
- Day - 2 Chika to Balu ka Gera
The Second day trek is a gradual ascent. While trekking we will be able to see the spectacular Dhauladhar range in the background and Indrasan peak in front. The best part of today’s trek that we have to cross two rivers one at the start just near to Chikka Campsite and other at Jwara Nala. We will have our packed lunch after crossing the Jwara nala.
- Day - 3 Balu-Ka-Gera to Shea Goru crossing Hampta Pass
This is the most spectacular part of the trek as we cross the Hampta Pass and then descend to our camp site in Siagoru. From Hampta Pass you can see the Indrasan Peak and its gigantic glacier.Today’s trek will take us approximately 8hrs to reach Siagoru. The ascent on this part of the Hampta Pass trek will be moderate.
- Day - 4 SiaGoru to Chatru
This day we have an easy descent through the Hampta Valley. The massive mountains of the Pir Panjal and Spiti ranges dominate the entire landscape during the Hampta Pass Trek till the camp site at Chatru. Chatru is a confluence point of paths from Rohtang Pass, Hamta Pass and Lahaul & Spiti. From Chatru if road and weather condition permit we head to the Chandra Tal and camp at suitable place according to the conditions.
- Day - 5 Drive from Chandra tal/Chatru to Manali via the Rohtang Pass
In the morning after breakfast we leave for Manali via the Rohtang Pass. Our wonderful experience of trekking in Himachal ends.
- Accommodation. (Camping)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.) (Egg)
- Trek equipments.
- First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder.
- Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff
- Transport from Manali to Jobra and return Chatru to Manali
- Accommodation and meals in Manali.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Price Includes”.
- Good protected sun goggles.
- Sun Cap
- Sun cream lotions
- Personal Flash torch
- Wind Proof Jacket
- Woolen Cap
- Comfortable clothing / no formals
- At least one warm Jacket & a sweater
- Personal medicines
- Binocular for wildlife viewing
- Preferably ankle length trekking shoes
- Personal sleeping bags (Optional)