Bhrigu Lake Trek
Call Us On
The Bhrigu Lake trek, which is one of the shortest treks in and around Manali, commences from the popular hill station and leads to Gulaba and from there the trail continues to Kothi Thel that is at an elevation of 2,900 meters. After a steep ascend from Kothi Thel the trail winds up for an overnight camp at the vicinity of Bhrigu Lake and there again the journey commences for Vashisht Thel en route to Pandu Ropa.
- Day - 1 Reach Manali
Reach Manali by noon/afternoon. Our guest house is at a place called Vashisht, which is 3 Km further up from Manali town. This village is acclaimed for its hot baptize springs and temples of Vashisht Rishi and Ram Temple. Accustomed hot sulphur springs with two abstracted bathing tanks for gents and ladies are consistently abounding of tourists. Accommodation in rest house/home-stay.
- Day - 2 Manali to Gulaba
Today morning we drive to reach Kothi (~2500m/8200ft) , 12 Km from Vashisht on the Manali Rohtang Pass highway. We start our walk from the roadside and enter to the trail in the north east side through the conifer forest. The ascent is a steady one and will give everyone the chance to stretch their legs and get into the groove. We camp at Gulaba (3300m/10800ft). Total distance is 10 Km and may take 5/6 hours.
- Day - 3 Gulaba to Raulikhoi
In the morning we hike to the Kothi Peak for the 360 degree view of the surrounding valleys and the great Himalayan range including the peaks like Hanuman Tibba, Deo Tibba, Indrasan, Friendship peak, Sheti Dhar, Ghepan Goh and others. From the top we get the clear view of Rohtang Pass area, Solang valley and the Pir Panjal range. The climb will take 5 hours. Then we descent halfway and take the trail to our camping ground at Raulikhoi (~3830m/12550ft). Total distance is 12 Km and may take 7/8 hours. We camp for the night.
- Day - 4 Raulikhoi to Bhrigu Lake / Pandurop
Raulikhoi to Bhrigu Lake / Panduropa Today’s trekking will take us once more onto the high plateaus above the Kullu valley. We start the day with an ascent up to the Bhrigu Lake (4270m/14000ft). This isolated oval shaped lake nestles under it’s own peak which stands 300m/1000ft higher. After spending an hour we descent to our camping ground just above the tree line called Panduropa (3600m/11800ft). Total distance is 14 Km and may take 7/8 hours.
- Day - 5 Panduropa to Manali
We have a steep descent to finish the trek today. The trail winds it’s way through the various types of vegetation on offer in the valley. The area is abundant in wildlife, and hopefully we can spot Himalayan Monal, Snow Cock and Kaleej Pheasant. Eagles and vultures glide effortlessly on the vast expanse of the valley. We finally reach our trek end point at the Vashisht village (2100m/6900 ft). Total distance is 10 Km and may take 5 hours. Night stay in lodge. Trip ends here.
- Guest Tent, Mattress, Sleeping Bags, Kitchen Tent and all Kitchen equipments.
- Experienced English speaking Guide, Cook, Porters or Ponies.
- All Meals (Morning tea, Breakfast, Packed Lunch and Dinner).
- Vehicle to be provided from Manali to the starting point of the trek and on the last day from the finishing point to the Manali town (According to the given Itinerary)
- Air/Train fare
- Anything not mentioned under the head inclusions.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary / stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, road blocks and / or any factors beyond control.
- The tariff does not include barbecue and activities.
- Good protected sun goggles.
- Sun Cap
- Sun cream lotions
- Personal Flash torch
- Comfortable clothing / no formals
- At least one warm Jacket & a sweater
- Personal medicines
- Binocular for wildlife viewing
- Preferably ankle length trekking shoes
- Personal sleeping bags (Optional)